General Terms and Conditions
Effective from July 2012
§ 1 Information about the company
Academic Institution under Public Law
VAT identification code: ATU 45940200
Commercial register number: 182081t / Vienna Commercial Court
§ 2 Area of validity
- These general terms and conditions of the KHM-Museumsverband (in the following referred to as KHM) apply to the order of goods from the range offered by the Kunsthistorisches Museum in its Online Shop in the version valid at the time when the order is made.
- By making an order the client accepts the general terms and conditions. Only these terms and conditions are valid. Deviant conditions will not be recognised by the KHM unless the KHM has expressly accepted the deviation in writing.
- If separate conditions of these general terms and conditions contradict compulsory legal regulations completely or partially, the remaining terms of these general terms and conditions nevertheless retain their validity.
§ 3 Language of the contract
- The language of the contract is English.
§ 4 Contractual relationship
- All offers in the Online Shop of the KHM are invitations to the client to request an offer. By making an order in the Online Shop the client submits a binding offer to conclude a purchase contract with the KHM. The client receives an order confirmation with the business conditions via e-mail. This order confirmation does not mean acceptance of the offer by the client but is intended merely to inform him or her that the order has been received by the KHM.
- The purchase contract with the KHM comes into being when the ordered good(s) are sent to the client.
§ 5 Purchase price, costs of postage and packing, delivery conditions
- All prices contain the legal Value Added Tax. If goods are sent to clients outside the EU and companies with a valid VAT code, VAT is inapplicable.
- Customs duties or postage and packing are not included in the price.
- The KHM reserves the right to make changes in prices, and printing errors can occur. You will be informed about possible changes in price before the goods are dispatched.
- If the KHM is unable to accept the order or cannot carry it out because the item is not available, the client will be informed immediately via E-mail. Payments that have already been made will be reimbursed.
- Delivery is possible from an order value of € 10.
- Delivery is made by post.
- Postage and packing costs are calculated according to weight, volume and destination of the order. (Please see the table of delivery costs as a link).
- The order is processed by us within 5 working days. The delivery period in Europe is about 5 – 7 days according to the postal route; delivery overseas takes about 10 – 15 days. Delays can occur in individual cases.
§ 6 Possibilities and conditions of payment
- Payment is made by credit card (American Express, Mastercard / Eurocard, Visa) or by electronic transfer.
- The payment options offered in our Online Shop are handled safely and reliably by means of the certified and excellent Payment Service Provider (PSP) mPAY24 Ltd. The company is specialised in online payments and operates a payment platform for E- and M-commerce.
- The mPay24 Ltd is obliged to undergo regular security audits in the context of certification according to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). The PCI DSS comprises extensive regulations with regard to technical aspects (storing of payment data, structure of the system, software design) and company-internal procedures (right of access, policy on providing information). As a provider of infrastructure the mPAY24 Ltd is subject to supervision of the payment system by the Austrian National Bank.
- mPAY24 was the first Payment Service Provided to be awarded the EURO-Label; already in 2002 it received the Internet Seal of the Austrian Trading Association and in 2005 received the E-Government quality seal of the Austrian Federal Chancellery. Further information is available at www.mPAY24.com.
§ 7 Reservation of ownership
- Good(s) remain the property of the KHM until payment has been made in full.
§ 8 Warranty conditions and compensation
- The legal terms of warranty and guarantee are applicable.
§ 9 Right of withdrawal
- The client can withdraw from the contract without stating reasons within seven working days (excluding Saturday) after receiving the ordered good(s) unless one of the exceptions from the right of withdrawal according to § 5f Consumer Protection Law) is applicable. There is no right of withdrawal in the case of audio and video recordings (e.g. CDs, DVDs, video cassettes) or software if these have already been unsealed by the client.
- It is sufficient if the declaration of withdrawal is sent off within this period.
- If the client withdraws from the contract, full or partial reimbursement of the purchase price will be made as and when the good(s) are returned. The client bears charges for returning the good(s).
- The good(s) must be returned to the KHM in an unused and undamaged condition. If this is not the case, an appropriate fee for the usage including compensation for the related lessening of the common value will be charged.
§ 10 Data protection
- All client-relevant data resulting from enquiries and orders will be used only for dealing with the relevant business transaction and will on no account be passed on to third parties.
§ 11 Final provisions
- Austrian law is applicable.
- Vienna is the place of fulfilment.
- It is agreed that the place of jurisdiction is the objectively relevant court in Vienna. If the client is a consumer in the sense of the Consumer Protection Law, then the court is objectively competent in the district where the client has his/her place of residence, the usual place of abode or place of employment.
- If necessary the KHM reserves the right to make adjustments and changes to the general business conditions.
The address for further information, questions or complaints is:
Abteilung Shops and Repro
Tel. + 43 1 525 24 3300 (Monday to Friday)
Fax +43 1 525 24- 3399