Your Ticket to the Special Exhibition Caravaggio & Bernini
On view from 15 October 2019 through 19 January 2020
To make your museum experience as pleasant as possible for you, visiting the Special Exhibition requires advance booking of a fixed time slot. A new time slot starts every 10 minutes—admission to the Special Exhibition is only possible during the time slot booked—however, the duration of your visit to the exhibition is not limited.
Seize the opportunity and get your ticket on time.
* Separate admission ticket required
In addition choose one of the following options for the admission:
Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien
Enjoy culture 365 days a year at 7 museums
Come and visit two of Vienna’s most important sights.
Your All-in-One Ticket for admission to the Kunsthistorisches Museum and the Special Exhibition Caravaggio & Bernini – just choose a date, time of day is flexible. The ticket is valid for one visit to the museum.
No separate admission ticket required
Please note that the Special Exhibition is shown on the first floor of the museum. Make sure that you have planned for enough time for the coat check and to get to the first floor. We recommend being at the Kunsthistorisches Museum 30 minutes ahead of your time slot.
- Annual Ticket holders: As an Annual Ticket holder, you can pick up your free time slot ticket for the Special Exhibition Caravaggio & Bernini by availability at time slot ticket desk on the 1st floor. Alternatively, you can by your time slot ticket online for € 5.00.
- ICOM: As an ICOM-Member, you can pick up your free time slot ticket for the Special Exhibition Caravaggio & Bernini by availability at time slot ticket desk on the 1st floor. Alternatively, you can by your time slot ticket online for € 5.00.
- Friends: As a member of the Friends of the KHM, you can pick up your free time slot ticket for the epecial exhibition Caravaggio & Bernini by availability at time slot ticket desk on the 1st floor. Alternatively, you can buy your time slot ticket online for € 5.00.
- Children: Admission is free for children and teenagers under 19. If accompanied by an adult holding an online ticket, no separate ticket or waiting in line is needed. Young people are registered right at the entrance and can directly enter the Special Exhibition with their accompanying adults without having to wait. Unaccompanied teenagers (age 14 and older) will receive a free time slot ticket by availability at the time slot ticket desk on the 1st floor of KHM.
- A press accreditation in advance is absolutely necessary. Click here for our press contact.
Discover the following offerings
An Evening with Caravaggio & Bernini
Enjoy an unforgettable evening at the Kunsthistorisches Museum during the Special Exhibition Caravaggio & Bernini, including a guided tour and champagne reception. A small gift for you will top off your visitor experience in the magnificent ambience of the Kunsthistorisches Museum.
Every Friday from 7:00 to 9:30 p.m. | € 49
The ticket is for the evening event and is not valid during regular daytime opening hours.
Limited offer – secure your ticket!
Program information about the “Evening with Caravaggio & Bernini”: from 7:00 p.m., our team for the “Evening with Caravaggio & Bernini” will be awaiting you. Once you have checked in your coats and bags, our art educators will be ready for you at the vestibule to give you the time and meeting point of the guided tour and provide you with headphones. Tours will be held in German and English. Alternatively, you can also use a free audio guide (available in German, English, Italian, French, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Korean, and Mandarin). Depending on when your tour begins you are free, before and after, to see the Special Exhibition on your own and have a drink in the Dome Hall. This is also where your gift will be waiting for you. The Special Exhibition will be open for you until 9:30 p.m.
Have a pleasant evening in art!
Discover our special exhibition Caravaggio & Bernini and explore its highlights with us!
We offer English guided tours every Thursday at 5 p.m. and Saturday at 3 p.m. German guided tours take place daily at 10:00 a.m., at 12:00 noon, 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays also at 7:00 p.m.
Duration: approx. 60 minutes | € 11
The number of participants is limited.
The ticket for the guided tour includes a reserved time slot, participants will need an admission ticket for Kunsthistorisches Museum additionally. Children under the age of 13 are free of charge.